Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Year End Evaluations

What a great year! Between DAA and SPAA this team went 18-1-1. Not bad. We were just a defensive play and a hit away from going 20-0, but that is sport. The kids played hard, worked hard and the results were evident.....and we will get better!

We will take some time off before beginning our winter hitting program. That won't start until January. We will ease back into things, but I want to get things going earlier next year. I assure you each player will be given the opportunity to take over 300 cuts and field 300 ground balls/fly balls before our next game in April. Not to mention additional cuts and ground balls/fly balls they will see from you the dedicated parents. With your commitment, the kids talent, and the coaches teaching you think this team will look dramatically different even from this year? Count on it!

I have performed end of the year evaluations with some of you already (Haynes, Fortner, Skow, Fitzgerald) but need to come by or meet for lunch with the rest of you. I will make my schedule as flexible as possible for the rest of October, but please send me an email with some times and dates that would work for you. It will just be Tyson and me from Thursday - Monday this week so if we get together over the weekend or in the evening I'll have Tyson with me. He and I would gladly come by the house. The kids could play and the adults could talk. Pastor, I'll see you on Saturday at the football game. We can talk then.

I want to take 15 minutes to talk with you about your child's progress this year and what I see for him and the future of Big Stick. I also want to hear from you. What do you want to see for your child with Big Stick? What do you want Big Stick to become? Do tournaments interest you?

This is about all 11 families and the direction you want the Big Stick Cardinal family to take and not about what I want. Consider me your servant! We have something very special going here and I want to build upon it. Relationships are forming and I genuinely believe, and hope, that all of us really enjoy spending time together. I can only speak for Teri and I....we love all you and will miss seeing you on a weekly basis this fall.

The Chrisitan Small Group that I have talked about in the past is a way of keeping us in touch thru the fall and winter. More on that coming soon, I promise.

All for now. Stay warm and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment