Saturday, September 12, 2009

21 - 21 Tie

Wow! What a game. There is so much to say, but I'm exhausted after today so I will keep it brief. The kids played well. The Pirates hit the ball very well, but we responded offensively when we needed to. This team stuck together and really showed perserverance. They were down most of the game and kept coming back. I was impressed and am proud to be the coach of this team.

I wanted to explain what happen today when I threw my hat. I can deal with fielding errors. I can deal with offensive let downs. Yet mental mistakes I will never accept. However, I need to deal with them by trying to keep my emotions in check. We had an incident today that got the best of my emotions. I threw my hat when it happen and for that I am sorry. Some of the kids saw it, some of them did not. I apologized to your son after the game as it is unacceptable behavior and I need to learn how to deal with the mental errors when they happen. That is not the example I want to provide your kids. I am truly sorry. If your son was emotionally affected by the incident please let me know so that I can talk to them one on one tomorrow.

Let's get 'em Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I think the 30 minutes of the game that I got to see was great- although, very stressful... I hope tomorrow isn't like that.

    I heard maybe they will forfeit? when will we know? and if we go tomorrow and they do forfeit.. will we have a practice?
    just a thought.. see ya'll tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They may forfeit, yes. However, they are going to do their best to get 8 there. They need 8 to play. We will see.

    Yes, today had a different level of intensity. I LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete